Skip to main content

Sickness, company and chaos

Two weeks ago my in-laws came into town for Jake's birthday and ordination . It was a great weekend.  Although I worked half of it.  Sunday my mom came over for Jakes birthday celebration and we had good food and a good time.   But then Andrew got sick on Sunday.  And likely made my mother in law sick as well as my mom.  Sunday was rough.  Andrew was up all night with fever induced hallucinations.  At one point he shut himself in the bathroom and refused to come out until I assured him all the bad guys were gone.  My mother in law was up all night coughing and between the coughing and hallucinations it was one of the longest scariest nights of my life.  Andrew's fever wouldn't break.  In the morning he seemed better however, Monday night he had one more episode of the hallucinations. 

Monday my mother in law was super sick and slept most the day on our couch.  Despite my several offers to drive her to McCall she decline.  It all ended fine she made it there and has been sick for the last two weeks.   Monday Lee took the older kids and his dad for their annual ski trip. 



Tuesday Lee's sister text and asked if she could come visit and gave Lee the option of two different weekends to visit.  I had a preference he had a different one.  So she came the weekend Lee choose.  Spending the week before dealing with THREE boys who ended up with strep was difficult.  My mom was so sick that she couldn't be left alone so I had spend several days over there.   Add to that other issues going on that have yet to be resolved I was stressed to the max.  I lost it the final day she was there.  I felt ignored and disrespected and I told her.  Years of frustration came tumbling out.  I don't regret what I said I regret how I said it. 

Right in the middle of the chaos I found out my best friend likely has cancer.  Another family member is struggling with some things that didn't turn out they way they wanted.  My boss at work just gave her 30 day notice.  I am sad.  I love her.  But life is about change and trying something new and this will be good for her.

Last week things looked like they may be getting back to normal.  I started training for a half.  Kids were feeling better.  Issues still not resolved but we were able to go to a nice dinner due to a gift card Lee received for Christmas.  Kids all returned to school and I went over to my mom's every day.  I didn't get stuff done at home because of my mom. 

The next seven days will be chaos.  I work four days.  We have a kid turning five.  One Band concert.  Orchestra rehearsals and a concert.  Bond meeting. An obligatory work event.  Church activities.

I am thankful that we had two weeks of minimal extra activities.  So we could stay at home and take care of sick kids and I could help my mom.  It was as if the universe aligned.  House is a mess except the bathrooms (which I pay to have cleaned).  But we will make it through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There