Skip to main content

LOCK DOWN

The governor came out on Wednesday and ordered a lock down.  It seems like a good idea and will not changed our lives all that much.  We did decided that we would only go to the grocery store once a week we went last Friday.  We will go tomorrow which means it will be nine days.  Kids haven't been in a store in weeks.  Lots of time in the garden and working on yard projects.  It has been good and bad.  More family time and less running around.  But lack of structure over the past two weeks has been tough.  Tomorrow would be the day the kids start back to school.  It is likely they won't be going back at all this year.  Victoria will be the most effected.  No eighth grade graduation likely   The school could decide to bring back just eighth and 12th graders.  Either way they are all out until 4/20. 

"distance learning" will start for the kids on 4/13.  Which is another reason I think they will end the school year because it doesn't make sense to just do distance learning for a week and then have the kids back.  It is too much effort in my opinion.  I can teach the younger boys but the older kids are learning stuff that is just out of my scope of education.  Not sure yet how we are going to do their learning for the next two weeks. 

I found out a few days ago that there is now a full time opening at West Valley.  I declined it.  :) I will be working every Tuesday and Friday for the next one or two months.  It will help us save some money.  However, hours at the ED are slowing down.  There just isn't enough mental health patients to justify us being here.  I offered to go oncall next weekend which is conference weekend.  My boss said she liked that idea as long as numbers stayed low.  It will be nice to watch conference as a family. 

I am not as overwhelmed as I thought I would be.  We are just taking it as it comes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There