Skip to main content

Bring on the 40's

I am excited to turn 40.  I am excited to be done having kids and to be in a place where I can start giving back to the community.  For the last year or so I felt that I need to start getting into the community and start volunteering.  So I have been searching several websites to find the right place where I can help with out leaving my house.  So several weeks ago I found an agency that I have wanted to be involved with for a long time but, where they need help wasn't something I felt I could do.  A few weeks ago I found that they were looking for somebody to wash, dry and iron and that is something I can do from home. The agency is Days for Girls and it is something that I can really support.

Then tonight I was once again looking while I was at work and found that a national crisis text line who was looking for volunteers to answer texts two hours a week from persons in crisis.  Once again something I can do from home after the kids are in bed. 

I feel as though we have so much and that we should be giving back.   I would like to over Christmas Break to take the kids to cook dinner at the  Ronald McDonald House and hopefully start to make it a monthly thing. But not sure we are going to be able to make that work because I can not take the little boys.  Also I would like to start every payday  taking food to the local shelter. 

We are going to start funneling all extra money into debt and so I am not comfortable giving a lot money to charities at this time. But time I have. 

I know there are family members/church members who feel that I should be doing more family history but my heart is sending me a different direction.  My heart is with those people who are suffering now and those who are alive now.  I believe that is where God is calling me to be now.

In my 40's I am looking forward to less debt and less stress.  More real friendships and less fake ones.  More laughter. More running and more races.   In the next ten years we will have two kids out on their own and two still at home. 

I feel as though I am finally where I want to be career wise and really think I could be at this job for the next ten years.  Although that is a long time and I am not sure I will be here that long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There