Skip to main content

Some days are just hard

Work was brutal today.  I had to walk out of the ER and cry for a minute.  It was tough.  And I get to go home to an empty house.  With nobody there.  It sucks.  I can't even call Lee after work because it may be too late. 

Lee took the kids up to his dad's.  He wanted to go for Father's Day but one thing after another and the trip never came together.  So when he found out he had the chance for a four day weekend even though I am working all weekend he thought it would be a great time to take the kids up north to see his dad.  It is perfect for them.  From the looks of the pictures they are having fun.  I love that they got to go.  Just disappointed I didn't get to go. 

Life is going well sort of.  Kids are happy and healthy and enjoying summer.  We truly are overwhelmingly blessed. 

Some stuff happened at the beginning of summer and it has been a struggle to resolve emotionally.  Not sure how it will end up.  I have been able to let go some things but not others.  I am not sure where that leaves me or us for that matter.  I have been kind of sort of trying but right now I just can't anymore.  Kind of one of those where do we go from here?  The answer to that is I am not sure. 

Lee and the kids will come home Thursday just in time for food and fireworks. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There