Skip to main content

Palm Sunday-Faith-Prince of Peace

Why do I believe in God?

There are two main reasons. 
1) I have felt him there.
2) I have seen his power.

I think of God as a parent who doesn't always step in to help.  Although sometimes I wish he would when he doesn't.  I do also believe that often times God shows up as another person.  A friend or family member or even a stranger that shows up and shows God's love. 

I felt his power after Luke's accident.  I have no doubt he sent angels (my dad) to keep Luke safe.  I am not sure why Luke was saved that day.  But he was.  Maybe I will never know.  Sometimes I think he was saved because of me.  Because God knew that it would have tore my marriage apart and destroyed my relationship with my mom.  But maybe it was because Luke has some great purpose.

I know there is lots of evil in the world.  So much war and hate and children starving.  But even in the worst situations there is still good.  Sometimes you have to look a little harder for God but he is there.  And sometimes you have to step in and show God's love to people who don't have it. 

Every day I see God.  No matter how much I question the church policies I have never questioned God.  This world is all to perfectly organized for me to think it was just an accident.  There are so many things about the world and life that makes me pretty certain that God designed it. 

I am not one of those people who will "Just leave it up to the Lord".  I believe that many things that happen or don't happen are because of things we did or didn't do.  If we managed  our money incorrectly and don't have enough to attend a family funereal .  We can't sit back and say well that was God's will.  No it wasn't.  It was because you failed to make wise decisions with your money.

I know that life is good.  I know that God loves me no matter where I spend Sunday morning.  I know that God wants me to be compassionate and kind and giving.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There