Skip to main content

Hospital X 2

Last Friday Lee and I had planned an at home date night.  He was going to cook a nice meal.  Both the older kids were spending the night else where and the little boys go to bed around 7:30-8.  Around 10:30 Lee calls and says he just isn't feeling well and is heading home. I was out with Luke while Andrew was at preschool.  I get home around noon.  Lee comes downstairs and says he is going to go to Urgent Care.  He clearly was in bad shape so I dropped the kids off at our neighbor and head to Urgent Care.  Lee's pain was getting worse and worse so I said that we had to go straight to the ER. 

The doctor comes in and says that he guesses that it will be a kidney stone but wanted to run some more tests.  After they give Lee some pain meds and Zofran I leave to go get the older kids from school and the plan was to take them to their appropriate locations. I was hoping to be back before they discharged him.   While I am at home quickly grabbing stuff Lee texts and says it is the Appendix and they want to take him to surgery shortly. 

I rush to get the kids.  Drop Jake off at the church.  I text my sister and tell her to just meet at the hospital.  Victoria was able to see her dad before surgery. 

The surgery went well and was a  fast out patient but recovery had been slow.  Maybe not that slow but it feels slow.  Lee went back to work on Tuesday and since then he just comes home from work and lays on the couch.  So low on energy.  But we are surviving.   He can't lift the little boys and on Friday he twisted wrong carrying the groceries in and it seems to have been a set back. 

As much as the surgery has been a pain it couldn't have come at a better time.  One week later we would have needed lots of help for when I was at work.  And my mom wouldn't have been able to help at all.  SEE BELOW. 

So Monday I went to my mom's to help her clean (like I usually do).  She was in bad shape. I guessed she had pneumonia.   She was exhausted.  Tuesday she took Andrew to gymnastics and then she needed up in the ER.  She had some internal bleeding. Long story short they did a surgery on Wednesday and then she was home Thursday.  She is still super shaky and weak.  She was hoping to make it Salt Lake on Saturday for a funeral but  not sure that will happen. 

I have spent more time this past week in the hospital (except for working) then I have in years.  I am over it.  I really dislike hospitals which I know seems weird.  I love my job.  I think it is just being on the other side of things makes me really struggle with some things that go on.

I am mentally struggling.  But the sun has been out for the past three days and that has helped.  I am overwhelmed with everything going on right now.  Some of it is little and some of it is major.  But we will get through it.   Really looking forward to Phoenix on Friday although not sure what I was thinking going solo with all four kids.  But the weather will be nice. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There