Skip to main content

Time to Move on

Tuesday Night I cried.  Three different times.  Once when Trump won Iowa. Once when Lee told me turn off the TV because it was clear he was going to win although they hadn't called it yet.  And the last time was when I was in bed and CNN reported that Trump will be the Untied States new president.  I was shocked.  This isn't so much that I disagree with his politics which I do.  But I disagree with who he is as person.  He is a sexist racist pig.  I can't see how people thought this guy who has been married three times and treats women as objects is the guy that we want running our country. 

I can see agreeing with his policies although I think deporting people who have been in the country their whole lives although illegally is horrible and will rip families apart.  I think not allowing refugees into the country is against what God would want. 

Getting rid of ACA 100% will cause lots of issues for working families who have somebody who has medical needs. 

I was hurt.  I really wanted to see the first woman president.  I felt like I was living in "a good old boys club."

But...that didn't happen. So out came the critics.   Conservatives called Liberals cry babies and I was told I was out of touch with reality.  Liberals stopped traffic in major cities.  It was crazy.  People on both sides said things that were hurtful. 

The end result....Nothing good.  We are still divided.  Now would be the time to come together.  To unite against hate.  To advocate for those who are unable to advocate for themselves. 

It is time to move on.  To take the passion people felt against and for Trump and use it for good.  Stopping traffic isn't helping anybody.  Posting things about how people are out of touch isn't helpful.  Take that passion and go to the soup kitchen.  Help a mom with kids.  Be kind to your neighbor. Do something good,  And then do more good.  Make the world better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There