Skip to main content

Firsts...

I think some times as parents we over look the firsts as kids get older.  Jake has had a ton of firsts last week.  First time hunting with his dad, first cross country meet, first day of middle school, first string instrument, first time stacking wood. First time chatting with the principal in middle school.

Then there are lasts.  Last primary program is in a few days.

Maybe I should start finishing posts before I walk away. I started this post over a week ago.

Last primary program was Sunday.  It was great.  Andrew is one of the most confident kids.  It is amazing how he just got up in front of 150 people and said his line with no prompting.  The older kids did well also.  Victoria had her part memorized and then froze but they did have a cheat sheet for the kids. 

I am disappointed in how this week turned out. Although it ended well. Too much too much.  Lee had his procedure/surgery on Tuesday and recover is much slower then we anticipated.  Swelling isn't going down and there is pain. 

I didn't plan well for the days I worked and so dinner wasn't planned well and the house by Thursday night was a disaster.  I was able to recover the house for the most part on Friday.   Still not as much deep cleaning as I wanted. 

Luke has started randomly crying when he isn't with us.  Church nursery, preschool and daycare all commented this week about how he would just burst into tears then stop.

Jake was failing a class so he could not run in his meet on Thursday.  I cried when my mom asked where the meet was this week.  Jake failed to turn in an assignment and since there has only been two assignments this year it drastically effected his grade.  He learned a good lesson. 

The good:
Things are going better at Behavioral Health.  When I mentioned to Lee about  me applying for the new hospital that is opening a few miles down the street he was not overly excited.  He thinks I already have too much trying to coordinate all the jobs I already have.  Even though I don't work that much.  There have been times where I have been asked to work at different hospitals different days. But I can always so no and it works out. 

Jake was able to turn things around and it appears he can run both meets this week. He is really enjoying middle school. 

Despite the mounding medical bills we have been able to cut back and get them paid off with out dipping into our savings accounts.  At least for the moment.

Victoria is loving school.  And is really excelling at Girls on the Run. I was able to get the 5k where is running off work.  I am still working Halloween and I don't really care.  :(  Next year I will request it off. 

Andrew is loving preschool.  Luke is loving the one on one time and preschool.

So in the end we are all adjusting for the time being.  We are truly have more then we need and lots of what we want. 






 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There