Skip to main content

Fighting a Losing Battle

  I had a situation at work where I was fighting against the system.  In the end it appears I lost.  There was nothing more I could do for this patient.  But maybe something will change for another patient.  so maybe I didn't lose after all.  But maybe I should have keep fighting against injustice.  After all that is in my oath. 

Some times the "system" seems bigger then we are and there is no use trying to change it.  Whether it is church or work place or the kids' school.  But sometimes it takes just one person to change it.  Sometimes it is that one person who is able to break down the walls that have been standing for a while, despite the fact that nobody else could. 

The last few days have been overwhelming.  I am ready to file bankruptcy run off to the Bahamas and call it day. But I would probably miss Lee and the  kids after a few hours.  But instead I will move through it.  I will be grateful it wasn't worse and hope next week is better.

Hoping next week I can clean my house and do some decluttering and maybe take the kids to the pool or something else.  Jake at some point is going back up to the cabin to help my mom paint and do some other stuff like move stuff to storage.  We were hoping we could work it out with Lee's dad so that Jake could spend time there with them and we only had to take one trip up there but that doesn't appear it will happen.

I have made a choice that I only have so much time.  So some stuff I am just not doing and if Lee wants them done then he can or the kids can but I just can't put my energy into non productive places at this point. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There