Skip to main content

One thing after another

This week has been so frustrating one thing after another.  Now it is 7:30 on a Friday night and I wish I was with my mom's group who is currently watching "Breakfast of Tiffany's" But instead I am sitting in a quiet house while Lee is off skiing with the older kids.  Ski Night at the school was tonight and it made more sense for Lee to go because well...he actually skis.  Lee has text me a few times and it didn't go quite as planned.  Two of the parents asked if Lee could "keep an eye" on their kids.  Well Lee said he feels like he is babysitting them.  I told him that wasn't the impression I got from the parents. 

Work went better today and lots of stuff was explained to me and the other social worker said I was doing just fine.  Now that I know what I am doing.

So one of the same parents who asked that we keep an eye on their daughter up at ski night them proceeded to tell me that her husband wanted to have a chat with Jake because Jake called their daughter fat.  Which he admitted to.  But the part of the story that was left out is that this girl is refusing to allow Jake to get off the bus and is calling Jake names as well.  So we gave some consequences but in the end I wish we would have slept on it because I feel the consequence was too much.   And there is no way I am going to allow this guy to have any chat with my 11 year old son.  No way No how!

I (okay mostly Victoria) made Luke a rainbow cake (fat free and sugar free).  The kids loves it I thought it was okay but it fell apart.  So much so I couldn't frost it so the kids just put the frosting on the plate and ate it with the cake.

Another frustration is I can rarely find a sub for primary.  I asked two weeks ago for the counselor to give me some names.  which she didn't.  I finally got a list and either people can't or they are not responding. 

I am looking forward to the weekend although I work Sunday and a half day Monday.  

I am trying not to get overwhelmed with all of the little stuff and that is mostly what this is.  We need to find a financial planner because both Lee and I have have 401k's that need to be rolled over into something else that is acutely making money.



I decided I would give my self 30 minutes to be unproductive and then I would clean.  30 minutes is (more then) over and I need to clean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There