Skip to main content

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.
 One evening, an elderly
cherokee brave told his
grandson about a battle that
goes on inside people.

he said "my son, the battle is
between two 'wolves' inside us all.
one is evil. it is anger,
envy, jealousy, sorrow,
regret, greed, arrogance,
self-pity, guilt, resentment,
inferiority, lies, false pride,
superiority, and ego.

the other is good.
it is joy, peace love, hope serenity,
humility, kindness, benevolence,
empathy, generosity,
truth, compassion and faith."

the grandson though about
it for a minute and then asked
his grandfather:

"which wolf wins?..."

the old cherokee simply replied,
"the one that you feed"




 One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding.

There was a situation which happened a few weeks ago that left me angry and then sad.  At first I was in denial that this was even where I was.  I typed an email that voiced how wrong I thought this person was being and then ended up emailing something else totally different.  Because in the end I want to be able to say I did all I could do be nice and I don't want to feed the evil angry wolf.

Lee lost his key the only key we have to his car.  For nearly a week we looked for it and couldn't find it. We thought our only option was  call a locksmith which we knew would cost several hundred dollars that we didn't have.  Turns out we got the key much cheaper then that.  I stayed super calm.  It wasn't even one of those situations where I was angry on the inside but calm on the outside.  Truth is that I didn't even stress about it.  In just a few weeks I have really been able to change my way of thinking.  I am not perfect at it for sure but I am so much better then I was.

Life is too precious to be wasted on anger.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher