Skip to main content

Totally Forgot What I was going to Post on...(Another one bites the dust)

So today when I got to work my co-worker was in the social work office which is abnormal.  She was there with a new hire and said she just wanted to stick around to introduce me.  She then informed she had taken a job in Boise.  I am disappointed I really like her.  But the first words out of my mouth "Good for you"  She works full time and works opposit her husband so they have two days off every two weeks together.  Her job sounds like a great job and if I had all the kids in school I would consider it.  With her leaving I am the senior most person who works nights.  Scary.  There is a day scoial worker who has been there longer then I have but he isn't available when I arrive most days.  I knwo my supervisor is frustrated.  We have lost three good social workers to the Boise Hospital in six months.  I think it is due to the night hours.  Although nurses work nights maybe social workers just aren't meant to work after five.  :) 

It also means that in November I will be working hours then "normal" although my normal is starting to be more then what I orginally signed up.  But with the days all over the place it does seem easier in a way then working 6 day stretches. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There