Skip to main content

Started this on Wednesday and I just now finished...

On Wednesday I went to help my mom declutter and pack up one of her rooms.  Way more emotional then I thought it would be.  Of course we picked the room with the most sentimental stuff which is why i think my mother ignored it.  Every year my mother has given us books for Christmas.  In the study were several books where she had written in for Christmas for my father.  But what I didn't know is my father had done  the same for her.  My mom asked that I check all the books to make sure they weren't written in before they were given away.  I also found my dad's 35 year award from work and his retirement certificate. But when I left my moms house we had boxed two boxes to be taken to storage and I had a load to take to DI.  My mom called it a success.

I found a PRN job for a psych hospital in Boise that I am think I will apply for.  I won't accept if the hours are not want will work for us. 

It was a crazy busy weekend.  Jake had soccer practice Friday and then Lee took the older kids to movie night at the school.  Kids ate way too much candy and had a great time even though there were some issues with the movie.

Victoria went to her cousin's birthday party Saturday and got a pedicure and pizza.  Then my mom took her from the party to do some shopping.  She got some new clothes that were super cute and some one on one time with "Maga".  Jake had a soccer game (they lost) coach and Lee said it was the best game yet and the boys played very well and everybody was proud of them.  Tounrament is next week and then straight to indoor soccer which is a new thing for us. 

Saturday night we ran a 5k as a family.  Both Lee and I had a hard time keeping up with the kids.  Lee blamed the double stroller which probably play into it but truth is our kids are in much better shape then us.  Victoria did a program called "Girls on the Run"  it is such a great program so great that I offered to volenteer for the next season helping with paperwork and such.  I am glad that by not working I am able to put more time into community events that I support. 

Today after I left for work the kids went to my mom's with Lee to carve pumpkins.  I only cried a little. I was so upset that I missed out.  Lee reminded me of all the stuff I have done with the kids with out him.  Good point but still annoying.  Kids had a good time and Lee said this was the first year they didn't need help. 

Looking forward to another busy week.  Two soccer games two soccer practices.  Two girls on the run.  On fitness night at the school.  One dance night.  One scout night.  One preschool morning.  One feild trip with Jake.  Three Haloween parties one for each of the kids.  Although those  are during pre/school times. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There