Skip to main content

Productive Day

This weekend was just what I needed. Relaxing and calming.  I feel far more productive then I have in weeks.  Baked bread cleaned the kitchen.  Two batches of wash folded and put away.  PTO meeting.  Shopping at Target with the boys. 

And back to the weekend.  I worked Friday night, Came home to my bedroom full of balloons with "Blue Bear" sitting on the bed.  Years ago when we were dating Lee broke into my apartment and filled my bedroom with balloons and gave me Blue Bear.  I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have the second time around Saturday Lee and I went out for our anniversary after Lee went to Jake's soccer game.  We wandered around the stores for a while.  Bought two tablecloths.  Yup we are exciting.  I found a sweater I loved but I decided to wait until it goes on sale before I bought it.  It was nice to just wander and not worry about rushing around.  Then we came home switched the car for the motorcycle and for the first time in several years we were able to go on a ride together.  We went to an AMAZING place to eat.  Lee wasn't totally sold when we got there but when we left he said he would eat there again.  It was more then we usually pay for dinner.  My parents (now mother) give us money to eat out every year on our anniversary so we didn't pay for the whole cost. 

Sunday I worked a full shift which is unusual but Lee had his cousin and their three kids over for dinner. Lee also cooked a great dinner which I ate after work.

Tonight we went to the Farmstead it was fun.  The kids went down slides, jumped on the jumping pillow.  The little boys played in the corn and did a ride on a cow train. Lee took the the little boys home and the older kids and I went through the maze.  We got lost and ended up there until closing time when they came and found us.  It was really a great night.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There