Skip to main content

General Conference Weekend--What I learned and my thoughts

1) I was grateful to see s many great talks on how great mothers and women are.
2) I was disappointed that the three new apostles were all from Utah.  Some diversity would have been nice to see.
3) There were no women speakers in one of the sessions (Sunday morning)
4) Pres. Monson looked so frail and weak and just overall tired.  And he didn't tell any jokes.
5)  We should start pondering one scripture a week for at least 20 years  :)
6)  Women's Conference was a struggle for me I tried to listen with the spirit but I honestly did not get anything from it and it wasn't lack of trying I listened to it twice.  The talks from Saturday and Sunday really seems to speak to me and I am grateful for that.
7) We should ask the spirit what we can improve on in our lives.  If we ask with true intent we will get an an answer we need.  Not necessarily the one we want.
8) The most powerful message I heard was not from conference but one of the "Mormon Ads" in between.  In a nutshell we need to look for those ways to serve others.  If we look we will be able to find them.  True Christianity.
9) Wives are not present when the call of the 12 is extended at least they weren't this time around.
10) My prediction is that we will have a new prophet in April although I predicted that six months ago.
11) Trying to watch conference with four kids and no husband was hard. Sunday afternoon was nap time so it was just me and the older kids. 
12)  Barriers keep us from sharks
13)  We have to be clean to enter the presence of God. 
14) Jesus Christ is our Savior
15) I am glad that one of the apostles' wives is a former partner at a law firm and they only have one daughter.  It seems that on average the apostles have less and less children.  But maybe that is because people on average  less and less children.
16) The kids are capable of making our traditional conference breakfast.  They did a great job.
17) Lee being out of town means I order way too many books from Amazon.  I ordered three this week.  That is five in a week.  Although some are for Jake that I am going to read as well. Some are for just Jake and one is for just me. 
18) Ponderize is not an actual word. But I didn't know until I was discussing the talk with somebody.
19) We need to forgive in order to be forgiven.
20) Family is so important.    .
21) The church leadership said they will not be having any talks in the speakers native tongue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There