Skip to main content

Reset this week...

This weekend I went to McCall with some of the most spiritual and fun women for a leadership training for MOPS.  It was fun and exhausting and really great.  Part of wishes I would have gone up Friday but part of me is glad I waited.  As I listened to these women's stories I was in awe of them.  They are strong and are truly great leaders.I feel honored to serve with them for the next year

When I was gone Lee cleaned the garage.  So I can almost park my car in there. And I think if we have six motorcycle at our house next Saturday night most of them will fit.

Lee's cousin died over the weekend and so Lee is going to Pocatello on Friday for services instead of riding to his dad's house.  I think it will work out okay.  Then they are all meeting up Saturday in Yellowstone and I am totally jealous.  I tried to find a hotel or cabin that was reasonable so we could go this weekend as well but instead the kids are doing a triatholon. Because I couldn't find a hotel plus I am working Friday day.  I have mixed emotions about not going to Pocatello.  I wanted to go but Lee going will be support enough for the family. 

Victoria left Monday.  I really miss her. She went with my mom to the cabin with my neice.  My mom called yesterday and said the girls were having a great time.  She will be home Thursday when I am at work so I won't see her until Friday.  :(.  So not ready for the kids to be off having adventures with out us.

I am getting rid of all my baby stuff. We aren't using it and I know somebody who could use it.  It has taken a year but I really firmly feel our family is complete.  I don't want more kids, physically and emotionally I am not sure how another pregnancy would go.  They have gotten worse and worse with each one. Besides I am ready to move pass the baby stage.  Or maybe just the Luke baby stage.  Lee says that he wouldn't mind another but he doesn't want me to be pregnant ever and he told me he doesn't really like the delivery part.  So if the stork drops a baby by he would be just fine. 

I had a long conversation with a friend who although she has never been where I have been she was really able to empathize with me and it felt good that she was able to support me. 

I just asked Lee if this week had a reset button.  It isn't anything major just lots of minor stuff.  Pretty sure the water pump is out in the van.  Which means I can not drive it and Lee will be gone next week which is good and bad because he won't need his car but I will have to deal with car repairs without him. 

I made some progress on getting rid of some stuff yesterday.  I dumped all the stuff from grad school.  After four years I haven't even looked at it.  I also got rid of a dress that I was emotionally attached to but I will never ever wear again. 

It has taken me four days to write this post.  Lee leaves tomorrow.  Not sure how the suit is going to work on the motorcycle.  I am so glad he gets to go and although I wanted to go it will be fine that I am not.    Victoria made it home.  Had a blast.  Glad she got to go. 

Decided we are going camping the first full weekend in August.  The only weekend we can go in August.  I may try and go again in September. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There