Skip to main content

Pray and then Praise

I listened to talk today that hit home.  The person talking said we need to ask God once for something and then act like you are going to receive that blessing you asked for.  He talked about praising God for future blessings. He used the example of a child asking over and over again for something they aren't ready for but something you are going to give them at a future date.  He talked about how annoying that would be.  I am going to try this.  For the next few weeks I haven't decided how long I going to ask in prayer for a specific thing one time and then act and pray like I already have the blessing. He said it much better then I did. 

Another thing we listened to is the concept of not getting frustrated with things we can't control the example he used.  We are stuck so we have two choices get upset or roll with it.  Just so happened at that time then we were stuck on the freeway so it worked as a good object lesson for the kids. 

Today I took the little people to a pool we had never been to before.  IT had a tube that I took Andrew down.  He had so much fun.  The older kids went down the tube about 30 times.  The whole thing was quite the adventure from the pool being shut down due to some kid throwing up to Andrew's horrible diaper (luckily not in the pool) and the pouring rain.  They still ran the tube in the rain and only shut it down when the lightening started.. I also had a semi breakdown and called my mom and asked her to take the kids for a few hours tomorrow.  Yup she is pretty amazing.  She is also is going to help me get the van from the mechanic.

So many little things have happened this week.  Andrew has decided he doesn't like wearing a diaper if it isn't totally dry but doesn't want to use the toilet,  Fun times!  I have hope that I was able to potty train the first two and some how I will get through these two,  I have a feeling Luke may be the easiest but we will see.  I am picking up the van tomorrow,  I have really missed it stuffing all the kids into the car is doable but not the greatest.  I was asked to step down as the service leader at MOPS, I will be able to be able to help but not actually be a leader,  My frustration with it is I was totally honest about who I am and it is just coming to a head now because of a Facebook post somebody saw,  But I went back through months of posts and I can not figure out which one she was talking about,  Oh well!  More time for the kids and stuff.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There