Skip to main content

Life just has a way of working out...

My dad use to say that all the time along with when things did go our way ...You must be living right.  So on July 17th I was schedule to work 8-5 (ish) at one hospital and then 5-10 at the other.  Also I am on call that night from 5-8 am for the hospital I am working the day for.  We rarely get call out.  But there is a chance.  Also Lee decided instead of leaving for the bike trip Saturday the 18th he is going to Kamiah the night of the 17th.  Too much.  I couldn't be in three places at once (work, with the kids and possibly getting called in) so I emailed my one co worker who wanted to pick up some extra shifts and she said no.  Then another coworker agreed if I took a shift for her earlier in the week.  Couldn't have worked out any better.  Not only do I now only have to work the day I also don't lose any pay/  Now I just have to find a babysitter that day and find somebody who is willing to be on call to come watch the kids. 

Every year I become less and less thrilled with these bike trips.  Maybe because every year I have more and more kids.  I am still debating a trip somewhere.  Just not sure,  Luke sleeps so horrible at night but the days we have so much fun. Victoria's dance studio is not doing summer classes and Jake's tennis lessons will be over so we could come some where for a few days,  Oregon Coast???

So when I was at the cabin last week Lee informed me that he would have to take a 10% cut in pay.  Same work.  We were less then thrilled,  Then Thursday he was called into HR and was told his pay would not be cut.  There were a few reasons.  Today they started lay offs.  I really don't know how stable Lee's job is.  We had already decided that if he doesn't find another job by the time the kids go back to school that I will apply for a another part time job with the stability of Lee's job going quickly out the window I want get our debt paid off sooner then later.  It is going down just not as quickly as I would like.  

Life is certainly good

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There