Skip to main content

Camping and such

Went camping with the kids for one night.  It was great.  Luke woke up 5 times but quickly went back to sleep.  We set up a pack and play in the tent and it worked out well.The three older kids slept in their own tent and Andrew thought it was cool he got to be one of the "big kids". Jake cooked all the meals and did the grocery shopping for one of his badges.

   I really think that I could handle camping during the week with the kids without Lee.  Of course it is much easier with him. 

We are planning on going camping for two nights in two weeks.  We learned some and there is some stuff I forgot that we will take next time.  We decided we needed to find a place with more hiking so the older kids can run around more. 

Today I got home in time to do one and half batches of wash before running out the door for work.  Tomorrow will be packing and cleaning and we leave again Monday.  My mom is taking Victoria tomorrow which is good and bad.  Good because we won't be so crammed into the car and bad because she is such a help. 

I just booked a hotel for Monday night.  WAY MORE then I wanted to spend.  But it is the same one my mom is staying at and so it seemed like the best way.  And she offered to pay for some of it.  Right after I wrote that my mom called and said she had some cash stollen from her purse.  So looks like we are paying for our whole hotel.  She didn't say that but I can't let her pay for the hotel at this point.

A friend of mine was going through a really tough time in her marriage and in life in general.  I gave her some good advice and then it hit me.  I need to take my own advice.  Not sure if the advice will help.  Her problems are way bigger then what a few texts could offer her.

Anyway,  my shift is ending.  Time to type some final notes and call it a night. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There