Skip to main content

Sick and Angels :)

It has been such a long week.  Thursday at my mom's group Luke would not stay in the kids class.  He screamed so I took him out fed him and put him back.  He screamed again.  So he hung out with me and the other moms.  Friday he was sick not super sick but we felt to sick to go to the babysitter so Lee called in sick and I went to work.  Luke just got worse and worse as the weekend went on.  He didn't want to eat wasn't sleeping.  He would sleep for an hour at a time and then scream and scream.  We tried all sorts of stuff and nothing worked.  Monday morning I ended up in our doctor's office.  Luke has coxsickie.  Three days later he is improving.  Still won't eat anything but is drinking plenty so I am less worried then I was.  He did sleep all night (coughing and gagging according to Lee). 

So while this is all going on, Sunday while I was at work Lee called and said he wasn't feeling well.  He spent Monday and Tuesday in bed all day today he is still sick but he couldn't miss any more days.  

Andrew is really snotty but not super sick but seems less energy then normal.  The older kids and I (knock on wood) have been doing pretty good. 

Meanwhile my house is a disaster.  My 40 bags in 40 days for Lent has been stalled.  I am fairly certain that I will be able to catch up on the bag number.  But I was able to run several errands today.  Target, Costco and the bank.  I have several batches of laundry to fold and even more to wash.  Luke was going through three to four outfits a day. 

There has been angels watching out for us.  One of the moms in my moms group brought over dinner last night.  I know several of the moms were praying for us.  Doctor had concerns Luke would get dehydrated he isn't showing any signs of that but I think he is still losing weight. 

I was going to work six days in a row.  However, somebody asked to switch days so I am working four days and off one and then working two.  I worked nearly 40 hours last week which is too much.  But the extra money will be a blessing.  Also we have made some changes to how we are doing our finances. I think it will help us get more in savings and less debt. 

We were going to go out of town for spring break.  But then kids told me last night that they would rather stay home.  Victoria is going to audition for a play and we will go either to the rec center or the Y for a a day.  It will save us some money as well as some stress.  We may take a day trip depending on if Victoria is in the play. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There