Skip to main content

One of those days

It was one of those days that went from okay to bad to worse to ending just fine.  Lee went to go visit a friend for the weekend. Last night Victoria had a sleep over and I fell asleep with Jake watching TV.  I woke up at 12:45 and he was still watching.  Victoria told me when I picked her up that she stayed up late enough to watch the date change on the clock.  Two tired grouchy kids and one grouchy baby was not fun.  Added to the mix was one crazy two year old.  We survived.  House isn't as clean as I wanted.  but I did get some projects done like getting the Christmas lights down off the tree, picking our condo for Spring Break and writing a letter to a collection agency.  I also fed the kids and did a batch of wash.  Took three out of four kids to Target and went to the bank.

Tomorrow we will pick up the house and have dinner with my mom.  I should have found a sub for my class but with nine o'clock church that is really unlikely.

Something happened today which made me go snuggle with the older kids (who were in my bed watching ice skating).  One of the mom's in my mom's group lost her husband to cancer today.  When I found out suddenly it didn't matter that my house was cluttered. It didn't matter that my kids were grouchy.  All that matter were my kids.

Thursday was a rough day.  The little boys didn't want to nap.  One mess after another.  Then I read this.
 https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=905554612810326&id=816943141671474&substory_index=0

  It was just what I needed to hear when I needed to hear.  Life can be so short.  WAY WAY TOO SHORT

Funny story today/   Over the pat few weeks I have noticed that Luke and Andrew are interacting more.  Today they were chasing each other around the couch.  Luke was laughing so hard a few times he had to stop crawling and just lay down and laugh.  Cute boys!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There