Skip to main content

Insanity I call life.

What a week!  Next week will be even crazier and the craziness will just continue until the first of the year and then we will have a whole new set of crazy.

Monday:  All four kids were home.  My mom borrowed Victoria and Jake and I were able to work on a project he had.  Lee worked super late and it was nine before he got home.  We attempted the first day of the 25 days of Christ total fail.  Although looking back I can see why. 

Tuesday:  Jake came home in tears because the project he had done was done 95% wrong because he didn't follow directions so we had to start all over.  It was also dance day.  At least Lee was home by six.   We spend the evening redoing the project. 

Andrew was super sick on Tuesday.  Eyes glazed over nearly five hour nap.  Super grouch only wanted to sit on the couch and watch Mickey.   Threw up in the evening after I took all four kids to Target before the throwing up.  We did get their ornaments for the year.

Dinner was left overs.

Wednesday:   Scouts and Activity Days.  Andrew still super grouch.  We got the tree up but no decorations.  House slowly slipping into CPS territory.  Laundry piled up.  Jake said he had no clean jeans.  What?  How did that happen?  Dinner?  How about left overs? 

Thursday:  Less grouchy Andrew.  Went to dissect squid at Jake's class. It was super cool and the kids loved it.  Came home super frustrated due to some family issues.  Decided to take the boys shopping.  Change my mind and just got pizza from a local place I love.  Laid the boys down for naps and got a call from the school nurse saying Victoria was sick.  UGGG....Had to wake up the boys early go get her and then had her lay down because she had a dance performance that night.   She rested and then felt better.  Then I had to do her hair and make up for the show.  Left Lee with the boys and went to the show.  They only took cash and there was no ATM on the school campus.  Went to credit union and came back with just a few moments to spare.  Dinner was what ever Lee could find  :) 

Friday: 
Helped a friend with a super overwhelming project to her but something I enjoy doing.  She offered to come help me declutter in exchange.  Went to Kohl's with the little boys thinking I only had one more day to spend my $30 Kohl Kash.  I have until Monday.   So I wandered around didn't find anything I wanted and then went to pick up a friend's daughter from school and then take her to the rec center for after school care.  Rushed home to have the kids clean and then got ready for work.  Left all four kids with Lee and headed to work that was super slow after about 7.    Notice only after the fact Victoria didn't finish her weekly homework.  Because of her special class she gets homework from two different teachers and I struggle to keep up with it all. 

Still haven't paid bills this week.  Plus I am making stocking for the older kids this year and a tree skirt and I haven't started those projects.  Lee and I disagreed on the Christmas Card this year so I haven't ordered those the letter is done and I will print it tomorrow at work.   Work has been sort of slow the last two days.  Probably half way done with Christmas shopping for the little people and Lee still need to order a present to be shipped to my sister in law and buy presents for my family.  I think what made it hard this week is that I worked Friday and Sunday last weekend so I feel like I never got time to really catch up although Lee and I did a ton of getting rid of stuff Saturday.

Next week I have a play date Monday morning and then the normal dance and scouts and school and homework and the never ending cleaning and laundry.  One of the social workers may be fired and if that is the case I may offer to pick up a shift or two of hers. 

I have started planning our beach trip now if I could just decide where to take the kids for Spring Break.  Oregon Coast?  Utah? Great Wolf Resort?  CDA?  Still debating as Lee won't like be able to go with us.  Although he has applied for several jobs and there are two more he would still like to apply for.  So new job might mean he could go. 

Update:  I finally got the bills paid.  But not the check book balanced. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There