Skip to main content

Halloween Weekend

This weekend was tough. Really tough.  Thursday I went to dad's grave.  I am not sure why I go especially with the little boys.  Luke was great Andrew wanted to run to the water fall on the other side of the "street" from the grave.  But I did get some pictures taken for BillionGraves so all was not lost.  Friday Jake had a project due so as much as I wanted to go home and have a good cry after the cemetery I picked Jake up from school and we went to the Hobby store to pick out some stuff for his project.  Then we worked on his project most of the rest of the day.  I did take Victoria shopping for purple hair dye and purple eye shadow.

Friday was Haloween. My cousin posted on Facebook that she was thinking of us.  My BFF sent me a text saying she hoped I could make some good memories.  We got together at my sisters for trick or treating.  Kids were great and had fun.  Victoria stayed the night with her cousin and I don't think they slept enough.

Saturday was scouting for food (round 1) Lee decided to do a huge reorganization project.  Both Lee and I got naps.  We do some decluttering had date night and got a new crock pot since mine was dropped on the floor and the insert shattered right as I was getting ready to get the babysitter.

Sunday was insane.  Lee had two meetings and taught Elder's Quorum.  Which means I had to take Luke to my primary class.  Kids were crazy and restless.  But the boys in my class LOVE Luke.  So they love it when he comes.  Jake made Apple Crisp with very minimal help.  Lee made dinner.   My ex Brother in Law posted on his Facebook about how much he missed Dad.  Sweet he did that.  He was always fond of my dad.  Also yesterday I came across Dad's funeral program.  I had forgotten we put the obituary on the back.  As I read through that I felt it all ended too quickly that somehow we all got shorted by not having dad here. 

While I write it all out the weekend had some highs but it just felt blah.   Time heals I am sure.  But doesn't change the fact I will miss him always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There