Skip to main content

So....

So my sister in law was in a car accident which postponed her moving. So I am planning a trip to my parents' cabin in August right before the kids head back to school and I am hoping my sister in law will let us borrow her daughter for a day while we are up there.  We will be in Kamiah in October so the kids can see her then if all else fails. 

Victoria and I just got back from three days/two nights in Stanley visiting a family I use to work with.  I loved seeing the girls all grown up (sort of) and Victoria had such a great time there was a tea party and jumping on the trampoline and a day at the lake.  Jake went with my mom for four days up to the cabin.  He worked hard and played hard and I am super proud of him. 

We just registerd Jake for soccer for the fall.  Let the  fall crazy sports schedule begin.  Soccer starts August 25th.  I am not looking forward for us being so busy again but I think the kids need some structure. I have another job interview Wednesday,  this is the one I am unsure about.  But we will see.  

I want to go to Utah in August to see the new Ogden temple.  But at this time it is all really up in the air and I am not sure if we will go at all.  I may go with my mom and kids without Lee although I would prefer to go with Lee since we haven't had a family vacation this year.

I know somebody who lost their three year old to drowning this week.  It was heart breaking beyond heart breaking.  I have been upset since I found out and we aren't even close.  It has made me less angry with the kids.  So maybe there is a bright side to this horrible tragedy.

This weekend is a family members wedding.  I love Lee's extended family.  So it will be nice to see them again since we aren't going to the beach this year.  

Tonight is also date night.  We are going to a grill that I won a gift card for.  Should be interesting.  So grateful for mom for babysitting as often as she does.  She will have at least some of the kids four days this week.  I am working Thursday so she offered to take the older kids for the day.  Hoping it goes better then last time time she had the kids. 

I am feeling so blessed to be able to spend the summer with the kids.  They have just six weeks left of summer.  And it is going to be packed with fun.   Next week we are going to McCall for nearly a week and then there is hopefully the cabin in August and maybe Utah.

I need to post some pictures.  I just never seem to find the time.  

Luke is almost crawling watch out world here he comes. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There