Skip to main content

Decisions Decsions

I have been trying to make so many decisions lately.  Find a part time job or not?  Go to my sister in law's graduation or not?  I think that we already decided on that one.  Work in August or not?   The major decision after today is what to do with Jake next year for school.  Move him to fifth grade???  Fight the district????  Homeschooling????  Charter School???? If Jake home schools  Jake will still go to GT.   Charter school may be an option there is one near us that allows the kids to learn at their own pace.   After the email we got from the teacher today I am concerned with how it will look for Victoria next year.    I have been super impressed with the kids teachers they have gone way beyond for my kids and have pushed them to do their best.  Plus I have been impressed with the principal this year.  The older one who I really like retired and the new one is young and I wasn't sure how it would go.   

I worked today and I work on Monday.  I am not sure how I ever worked full time.  I think four days a month is my limit. I could maybe do eight days but that would have to be rare occasion.  Today was pretty stressful and I am not sure it ended well.  I made a huge mistake that cost me a ton of time but worked out in the end. (sort of)

It is nearly midnight and I should go to bed.  Busy busy dance weekend.  And busy tomorrow with assemblies and last day of school fun.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There