Skip to main content

Ten days...of Hell.

I wrote a whole post then Blogger ate it and then I was bitter and didn't want to write another one.  But here is a recap of what was one of the worst ten day stretch ever. 

I knew I was sick.  The kids and Lee got sick but they got over it fairly quickly.  I on the other hand was really struggling.  One Friday night in mid January I went to Olive Garden for a girls night out.  Good food and good company.  I only knew one of the girls but it was great.  I only ate less then half of my dinner which wasn't that big to start with.  Starting that night I struggled to eat and to sleep at night.  By Saturday night I knew I was sicker then I should have been but thought I would just get over it thinking it was a cold/flu thing.  Saturday was Jake's friend party at the Dart Zone and Sunday was "eight is great."  I made it through the party as well as having friends over that night.  Sunday we didn't go to Sacarment Meeting but I took the kids to primary.  After eight was great I went and slept on the couch at the church because I was just too weak to sit through class. 

Every night I was throwing up.  I had a doctor's appointment on that Tuesday in which I said that I thought it was a cold/flu but that I was doing fine. Okay slight untruth.  I really thought I would be getting better.  She was not happy after the fact.

Fast forward to Saturday when I called the on call doctor went to a class and then went to Victoria's dance performance.  I got home from the dance performance after sending Victoria to her cousin's for the night. I spoke to the oncall doctor who thought that I may have some acid reflex and suggested some medication.  He warned that it may be 2 days before things started getting better.  Sunday I was not better and Lee insisted that we go into the hospital.  My sister who had Victoria just took the other two and in we went. The doctor gave me some cough medication and antibiotics.  Monday we were back in the hospital because Lee was still feeling as though something wasn't right.  The second trip the doctor gave me a breathing treatment, inhaler and iv as well as some anti nausea meds.   Something worked and Wednesday I was back to work.  Not feeling 100% but still functioning. 

It has been almost two week and I am just now finally feeling semi normal. But that could be the pregnancy. 

I had a doctor's appointment today.  She is concerned I lost weight and breathing is still an issue.  She did something that if the baby is ready will bring on labor.  They did the same thing with Andrew and he didn't show up for another 10 days. So right now we are waiting.  Hoping the baby comes this weekend. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There