Skip to main content

This weekend changes...

I was telling Lee that I can only deal with one crisis at a time.  This week it was Andrew, next week Dad.   After that maybe work.  Today was going to a work in the garden day but we have decided to go over to my parents house and clean.  My mom fell off a ladder at their cabin and while there is no broken bones she is pretty sore and so we are going to go make sure they have a clean house when they get home. 

Our taxes still aren't done and at this point I am thinking of asking for an extension.  I think we are missing stuff at this point there is so much going on I am not sure I have to time and energy to find it all in the next few weeks. 

I loved having my friend here last weekend.  She took Andrew Saturday night so we could sleep.  The in-laws were here Saturday and we hung out with my parents for a while after I got back from the airport.  I miss my friend.  She may be moving farther away to Arizona and although I know that this is the best thing for her and her family it will change how often I go visit. 

Lee's bike trip is less then 100 days away.  I think it may be less then 90 at this point.   My plans for leaving when he did have been changed by a court hearing in Mountain Home.  Speaking of court I did not get my court reports for court done for next week which mean working this weekend and getting them filed first thing Monday morning.  Lee is working as well on Sunday night.  The hours are nice.  Lee can not go over 40 hours a week but they want him to work exactly 40 hours.  It has been a balancing act for sure for him.

Off for a busy weekend.  I am hoping to find a blue tie for Jake and I am excited to share the Easter pics of the kids that I still haven't taken. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There