Skip to main content

Busy busy plans

My friend comes tomorrow.  Lee is home on Saturday,  Jake is giving a talk on Sunday and kids are leaving Wednesday for four days with their grandparents at the cabin. Thursday is parent's meeting for football.   I am hoping for a date next week but with Lee working in will be a very short one. 

Meanwhile I am trying to drink enough water.  Another test today to make sure fluid levels are high enough.

Today we will clean and go to my mom's for swimming and then back for cleaning.  I am making bread and I have managed two batches of wash today.

Lee is hiking tomorrow.  Honestly it was the one thing I was hoping they would not get to.  It is a pretty intense hike.  I am so glad he is having a good time.  I am glad he has these trips. I am glad he has a week to get away from real life.    Next year when he is gone I hope to head to Washington for a few days.  But we will see how that goes.  Maybe we will go to my parents cabin instead.  I like to keep my options open.  ;)  As long as we get to spend a week at the beach next year I will be good.  

We are nowhere ready for this baby. We are nowhere close to picking out a name.  But he is showing up regardless on what we are ready for.  People keep asking if I am ready to be done.  The short answer is no.  The long answer is much more complicated.  After four years of trying to get this baby here why would I want to rush through what quite possible may be my last pregnancy.  After four years and three miscarriages I feel like it is such a miracle to have stayed pregnant as long as I have.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There