Skip to main content

Grandparents and Sickness

Jake got to have lunch with his grandparents today at school.  We are so lucky we live so close.  I know that it could all change with a job offer but right now we are enjoying the fact they can go to grandparent's day and soccer games and watch week at dance.  Victoria's lunch date with the grandparents is on Friday.  Once again we have a busy weekend ahead of us.  Soccer game, Lee may be going rafting and having a poker night.  I am going out with my mom on Saturday for RS conference. 

Had somebody tell me today that I should have more kids.  He stated that good families need to have lots of kids.  Ummm....okay thanks for the advice.  He is a good guy who is expecting his sixth and they are planning on having a child every two years for as long as they can.  I will keep the fact that in January I am doing something permanent to prevent any more pregnancies.  I am sure he would give me a speech that I so don't want to hear. 

I cam home a little early today because I was sick/  Now I am sick and tired but super restless so I am doing laundry and in a minute I will be doing the dishes/  I started Flylady again and it makes such a difference. 

We need a freezer but we need a place for it.  So our next project will be the garage.  Lee is going dry pack canning in a about a week.  So I need to organize the food storage and pantry.  I think I may have to cave and start putting stuff under our bed or in our closet,  So not a fan but until we can get the money for the new shelves then we will have to do something. 

Anyway life is good! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There