Skip to main content

Our loss

Not sure why but I am going to write out my story.  Well this is my blog and I can. 
Graduation went well and I was so spoiled by family.  After the ceremony we went out to eat at what point my older sister asked my point blank if I was pregnant.  We were less then 48 hours from making the announcement so I decided not to lie and I told her that I was around ten weeks.  Sunday was Mother's Day and we said good bye to Lee just like we do every Sunday night. 
I had my concerns regarding the ultra sound on Monday but after two miscarriages it all seemed normal to be concerned.  I met with my doctor first and we discussed my concerns. The doctor measured me and said I was measuring around 10 weeks and that the internal exam looked good.  Then I had the ultra sound.  I could tell the baby was measuring eight weeks and one day but I figured that it was because my calculations were off.  The tech said there was no heart beat and I fell to pieces.  I could not believe this was happening again.  At that point the tech went to get the doctor.  The doctor was amazing and was compassionate.  I asked why does this keep happening and of course she had no answers.  She offered three different options.  One was a d&c and they could test the baby for defects and maybe that would give some answers, option two was medication to induce a miscarriage and option three was allow the miscarriage to happen naturally.  Because Lee wasn't home I picked seeing if this would happen on its' own.  If it didn't I would take the meds on Thursday night when Lee was back. 
I got home and called Lee.  He asked if I needed him to come home.  No I didn't need him.  He called back a few minutes later to say that he was coming home and would see me in six hours.  Since Lee was coming home I called the doctor and asked for the medication.  The thought of a dead fetus inside me was more then I could handle and did not want to spend the next several days waiting for something bad to happen.  

Monday night I took the meds and it has to go down as the worst night of my life.  I was so light headed I could not sit up and the cramps were horrible.  By the time I woke up on Tuesday I was feeling better although tired and really sore.  But I am so glad I took the meds.  It is now over with and we can move on.

Today I went to work.  I got there late and left early.  Tomorrow I am off and Friday I will be working another short day because of school.  


Lee and I decided a long time ago that if this pregnancy ended badly our family would be complete with our two kids This is my third miscarriage in 2 years well just over. Also it took nearly a year to get pregnant this time.  Not what we planned but it is just how it goes.  The good news is we are going to Hawaii in October.  :)  

I am so at peace with everything that is going on.  It is hard to explain but maybe seeing the baby gives me some sort of closure.  I am not sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There