Skip to main content

On Call Ramblings

I finally got the last of the invites done.  Just one more week.

I have the feeling I am being used.  Lee feels the same way so it isn't of those crazy me moments.  They more I think about it the more it is driving me insane.  I am not even sure that I can be nice about it.  I am sure that outsiders would say this is a irrational thought process.  I need to check in with my rational friends and family to gain a better perspective. 

I was invited to a baptism on Saturday night for one of my favorite former foster girls.  I just adore these three girls but it is 45 minutes away and Lee is home only on the weekends it is such a hard call.  I think I will see how the day goes before making a decision. 

My in-laws came by briefly tonight.  Always nice to see them even if it was for less then an hour.  We will see them in a week. There are several job postings for MSW.  I can't wait until September so I can start applying. I am ready for a change. 

I am on call tonight.  I really think that people don't really understand on-call.  I am at home.  Not sitting in an office waiting for your call at one in the morning to report something that you are going to rereport tomorrow to the worker. 

Lee comes home tomorrow I am thinking hiking is out due to the rain/snow combo predicted.  I will take that over flooding and tornadoes any day. 

Trying to decide if I should sleep in tomorrow or just deal with the lack of sleep and go to bed early tomorrow.  Yea that won't happen because I am going out shopping with my tomorrow.  I guess that means that just under five hours of sleep is all for tonight. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There