Skip to main content

Sometimes....

Sometimes I just wonder why people do what they do.  I won't go into details but some people honestly drive me crazy because they don't think before they act. It isn't like they are trying to be mean I just think they are self-absorbed.  They don't think about others.

Today was just one of those days.  It was a struggle at work to accomplish anything.  But I did get some things done.  I really feel as though I got put in the middle of something between another state and the foster parents.  I agreed with the foster parents but I couldn't tell them what to do.  The foster parents ended up making the decision that I preferred.  I think there are going to be some very mad people tomorrow but oh well I will deal with it on Wednesday.

Tuesday...
I love having Tuesdays off.  Today I am going to the post office and doing some cleaning.   I might even get a few chapters of new book read. Plus I ended up not being able to go to campus yesterday due to an oncall issue so I will need to go tonight to work on some serious homework and maybe my thesis.

I feel lousy. It isn't shocking but considering all that is going on.  I really want to crawl back into bed.  But I need to get Jake to school.  Maybe I can nap during "quiet time."   My sister offered me one of her guest passes at the gym so as soon as I get Jake dropped off I am going to go work out.  I am sure that it will help my stress level a great deal and I may join.  Their gym is right up the street and open 24 hours a day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There