Skip to main content

Well Something is Normal...

My blood work from yesterday showed that I  am normal.  Good and bad.  Good because I am  normal bad because it would require more tests to determine what is causing all of this.  More tests means more money and time.  Both things I don't have extra of.  So I am a little off balance. It is part of the charm  :)

Lee didn't end up going to Utah because the roads were so bad.  Sometimes things just don't work out as planned.It kind of worked out because my mom didn't come over to the house that right at this moment looks like a tornado came thought it.  Hopefully Lee and the kids can get some things done while I am at work and school.

Lee just texted me and said he was hoping for a hectic free weekend with just the family.  Not sure if that will happen but it would be nice.  The weather should be bad so it might be a good movie watching and laundry folding a couple of days.

I just hit the jackpot on my paper.  I found a few really good references.  I know my professor is going to rip it apart.  But it is only a rough draft and I feel much better about this chapter then I did the first one.  It is like at the last moment a light bulb went on and the words just started coming. 

I think Pandora helped.  She is my new Best Friend.  I love listening to music when I and this is so amazing I can switch so easily with just a few commercials. 

I am off to see a child who may or may not becoming back into foster care next after only few months home with his mother after three plus years in foster care.  If I could I would take this kid home with me.  I adore him and what is even better is he adores me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There