Skip to main content

Friends and Family

Lee and I are in Washington visiting friends. We have really great friends.  Last night we went out to dinner and a movie with just the adults.  Great time.  I think the only time we ever go out with another couple is when we come up here.  On our way to dinner I got some bad news regarding a good friend.  She was in the hospital over the weekend.  This friend has some major major chronic life threatening stuff going on.  She was doing well for a quite a while and then around Thanksgiving it all fell apart.  She still hasn't been able to get back to where she was before Thanksgiving and is now dealing with the fact that she may never be where she was before.

I have a three day weekend well actually four.  Although I may go into tomorrow to make some hours as well as working on some school things.  I sometimes forget just how blessed I am. I am getting paid to sit here on my laptop and watch my children play games.  Life is good.

I made contact with somebody in Lee's family who I haven't spoken to in years.  Somethings happened and since I did not respond the way this person wanted then she pretty much cut me out.  I have reached out a few times but all with the same response.This person person would either ignore me or send me a two line email explaining why she could not have contact with me.  I understand that she was hurt but I did not cause that pain.  But I failed to cut people out of my life who had harmed her so she said she could not continue to have a relationship with me.  I am pretty sure that she is still hurt and that we will never have the relationship that we could have had. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There