Skip to main content

Money makes the world go 'round.

So after pulling credit reports last night and totalling student loans ( the number was more then scary) I have decided to start getting creative in making some extra money.So I am selling books on line.  Not sure how it will work but I am thinking it is worth a shot.   Not only am I hoping that it will make a few dollars but it will give me some book case space to buy new books.  I love books.  But we are running out of space. Maybe one day we will have a house big enough to have a study/library but this just isn't the time in our lives for that.   One of my goals for 2011 is to pay off Lee's medical bills as well as our credit cards. It is a huge undertaking for sure. In addition,  I have some other ideas for making money as well but I am not sure if I have the time I need to really give it a try.  So for now I am shipping off a box of textbooks and listing others online.  If it works I am going to start selling more.  If doesn't work I will send the rest to good will. 

I have also decided to go through the few remaining kid clothes and sell those as well. It doesn't appear that having another child is in our future and we could use the money now not later. 

In the past several months we have managed to not go any farther into debt but I feel this need to get rid of all these bills sooner then later. 

Comments

  1. I sell books on Amazon all the time. I've done text books in the past and you can get a lot for those, some paperbacks go for almost nothing but if you have any good hardcovers you can definitely make some extra cash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice. We do have some good hardbacks but Lee is attached to them. He really is the one who holds on to the most stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There