Skip to main content

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I came up north to celebrate Christmas kicking and screaming.  I love love my husband's parents but I wanted to spend Christmas morning with my children in my own house.  My compromise was to drive up Christmas morning and have dinner and spend a few days.  This is the eleventh Christmas I have been married and only the third Christmas we have spend with his family.  My compromise got vetoed and Lee and the children have been here since the 22nd and will come home the 30th.  I drove up the 23rd and will be heading home tomorrow.  Coming here was a great decision.  The children have been playing non-stop with cousins and there has been good company and good food.  Plus it forced me to be prepared for the holiday.  There was no last minute shopping. My in-laws live in the middle of nowhere it is at least a 90 minute drive to a town that has Walmart and two and a half hours to the nearest Target and Fred Meyer which is where I normally shop.    Besides we cut way back this year.  The kids only got two presents from Santa and their annual book and clothes. Next year we may cut back to one Santa present.  Between aunts uncles (related and not)  and grandparents our kids still got way too much.  It has been a good reminder that we are so blessed. Besides Boise didn't get much snow and we have tons,  A white Christmas for sure. Just as God intended.

My biggest concern was that I would not be able to have our family traditions because we were here.  But we still read the Christmas story from Luke the kids still opened one present Christmas Eve. We watched our favorite Christmas movie and Santa came.  All is well.  

I would love to stay up here for a few more days but I have to get back.  I am going to miss the kids and Lee. But I will get the house under control.  I wanted to get the Christmas tree down but I got  vetoed on that as well.  The kids wanted to see it before it came down. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There