Skip to main content

Surgery and Rescheduling Summer

Okay things have been insane around here.  A week ago yesterday we went to meet with the back surgeon he suggested Lee needed surgery.  Lee;s  hernia had blown to pieces and he was quickly losing weakness in his leg..  It looked really cool on the MRI.  The doctor was AMAZING.  18 hours after we met with the surgeon Lee was on the operating table.  Lee was released from the hospital that day and has been walking around.  The walking is huge he literally wasn't able to do that for nearly three weeks.  Also the doctor feels confident that he was able to cure the ongoing back pain Lee has had for nearly a decade.  Lee was suppose to leave on his annual bike trip last week and that has been rescheduled for October.  We should be leaving a week from tomorrow for Bear Lake but that is out as well.  I am leaving tomorrow for four days for a work trip and I am leaving Lee and the kids in the very capable hands of my parents.  Things are looking up.  Lee's pain mostly comes from the fact that he had a three inch cut on his back that went all the way to the bone.  The doctor shaved off a bone spur as well as cleaned out all of the bone particles that were floating around. 

When you have a major thing happen it is amazing who your friends are.  Lee has had friends call every day to check on him but some other people who you would think should call like family haven't.  We are focusing on positive relationships in our lives and moving forward.  The church has really stepped up far more then I would have ever thought they would have. 

Because of all the crazy things going on I had to drop a class.  It will move my graduation back a semester (sort of).  The kids seem to be struggling with having so much chaos in their lives but in the next few weeks things should be back to normal. 

As I look over the things that have happened over the past year I see wisdom in things happening the way they have.  Lee's back surgery although annoying could not have come at a better time.  Also I can't imagine how we would have managed with an infant around. 

We have chosen not to go to Mexico.  Lee's surgery will be costly and he would not have been able to do anything besides sit pool side.  So me and the kids are heading to Texas for a few days.  I am pretty sure that Lee will still be struggling with being able to sit for hours.  In a car he can get out and walk around but he would not be able to do that in a plane.  We are thinking about a trip to Kamiah but can't really plan until we know how Lee is doing in a few weeks.  Labor Day weekend we are going camping in Oregon with friends from Washington. 

 I have a huge thing going on at work that is very stressful but will end at the end of next month one way or another. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There