Skip to main content

Children

As parents our job is to protect our children.  There is no room for error.  I guess it may be my job but I don't trust anybody with my children with very few execptions.  The reason is that I have seen too many children be abused and neglected by parents' "friends".  According to stats your child is far more likely to be abused by one of your "friends" then by you.  Scary when you think about it.  Do we really know who we are allowing to interact with our children?  I am not a big advocate for leaving your child with somebody just because they go to church with you.  I have seen way too many that I have gone to church with now serving time for abuse to buy the fact that just because you are at church every Sunday you are a good person.  I find sometimes it is the opposite.  My friends who are the most caring and generous are those who rarely (if ever) go to church. 

Also children have a sense about people.  If your children tell you that they don't to be around somebody regardless if it is family or a friend you better listen.  Children are not going to tell their story to somebody who isn't willing to listen. 

Make sure that your children always have an adult they can trust to tell if they are being abuse.  Make sure they understand that nobody has the right to touch them if the don't want to be touched.  

I struggle to understand why parents do what they do.  Many use the excuse "that is just how I was raised.".  But that is all it is an excuse.  Just because you were raised a certain way does not mean that you must raise your children that way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There