Skip to main content

Venting about work

I am so tired of hearing that CPS workers want children in foster care because they get more money.  That is so funny because I just took a  5% cut in pay.  Really my whole job is not to make your life a living hell.  It is to protect children.  And we usually do a damn good job.  We make mistakes.  If you would like to do my job then go get a social work degree and come do it.  Until that time stop saying that we are ruining lives.  Nope we don't, the meth, the sexual abuse and physical abuse do that.  Sure we take children away from their parents but there are so many checks and balances that children who don't belong in foster care don't stay there.  More often then not judges allow them to go home only for CPS to be back out there in six months dealing with a far worse situation.  I had a co-worker tell me that it takes an act of God to get children in foster care and that is usually true. 

I am sure that everybody has a story about their cousin's neighbor's sister whose children were taken into foster care for no good reason.  She was a good mom.  I am not doubting these situations may arise but they are far and few between.  Kind of like all the innocent people who are in prison.  Sure it happens but how often. 

In all my of years I haven't never known anybody (outside of clients)  that have had their kids in foster care and only one person who had CPS show up at their door.  Point being...Most normal upstanding citizens are not going to have CPS at their door unless there is a good reason. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There