Skip to main content

Tears at Target

Last night I was sitting in Target parking lot  with the realization just how unhealthy a relationship had become. I had done a pretty good job in the past month not reaching out  and needing validation and not trying to help.    But then out of the blue this person text me.  They weren’t real and it all was superficial and really felt like an
 I know something you don’t” kind of deal.  . I text my best friend a book about how I needed counseling and how I needed to let go of this toxicity. She agreed  that counseling may help and that I did need to find a way to stop putting more effort into this then the other person.    Then she said by letting go of unhealthy relationships I could make room for new healthy ones.  I felt peace.  Today I was reading an article and a paragraph about always seeking out relationship and needing that validation was super unhealthy .  It went on to say that it was about me trying to prove I am worthy of this person.  God is trying to tell me something.

I spent hours chatting with this person as well looking up things I thought would help them.  They weren’t grateful.  Entitlement people I struggle with so much.

My friend also said that even though the relationship is unhealthy now there is no reason why it couldn’t change but it had to be up to the other person.  Letting good of people is hard for me because  I feel the need to help others and I feel the need to want to be liked.   But maybe it isn’t letting go just stepping away for a minute.

This person needs more time and effort then I can offer and it wouldn’t be appreciated.  I told them to reach out if they need our assistance but since I don’t know what is going on I am not sure I would be able to give the help they need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There