Skip to main content

What a week!

What an emotional draining week.  Took everything I had to keep my sanity. 

 Wednesday was court of honor for Jake he earned several merit badges.  Later that night we found out somebody from church died.  She was young and one of the nicest, kindest people I have had the privilege  of knowing. Lee will likely attend the service.  I am still undecided.

Thursday was the first cross county meet.  It wasn't great.  It wasn't even good.  Jake got passed up by a good friend but still maintained his spot. Victoria lost an whole minute and lost her standing as one of the top JV runners she cried and then I cried. But there is always next week and there is always another meet (at least for a few more years).

Then we went to meet the teacher at the middle school. My kids have the most amazing teachers.  Teachers who know their strengths and weaknesses.  Teachers who are passionate about what they are teaching and know the subject well.  


Friday just because the week was so emotional Lee and I went out to Sushi with his cousin and wife.  We laughed a lot and we ate a lot and it was fabulous. 

I worked Saturday Sunday and Monday.  We have our students starting here this week and I don't love having them here.  But I think it is such a great experience.

Then since it was the end of the month we had a budget meeting to reconcile August.  Always emotional! August was not a great month and due to Duke's major medical bills we ended up going backwards in regards to debt.

Luke starts preschool Wednesday.  Andrew is doing so well in first grade.  Older kids are excelling in school and for the most part in cross country and with music. 

I am not sure what I am going to do with all my time while Luke is in preschool but I have done some praying that I can be guided to know where I can best serve. 

In some ways I feel as though I can conquer everything and in some ways I feel as though I am so inadequate. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There