Skip to main content

Randomness

Several things have been going on
1) Victoria has decided to do dance for another year.  Although I have another week before I need to register her and I am looking for other options.
2) Jake will be doing cross county starting the 15th
3) My review was done today for work.  Pretty much my boss said I was fabulous and the nurses enjoy working with me.
4) Refi is done and will fund tomorrow. Which means we will be able to take the remaining credit cards and transfer them into one bill.  Lee's car and several other debts will be paid off.
5)  The older kids are leaving us for eight days.  Not sure how I feel about it.  I am going to really miss them.
6) Budget is done and we will start using it the 15th.  It will be tight for several reasons.  a) Lee wants to go to Oceanside next summer b) I want the debt paid off quickly
7)  I am working ten extra days in October and September.  The money will be nice I figure it will be about $2000 "extra".  Probably spilt it three ways.  New Car, Vacation and Debt
8) For the first time in a while I moved my pay check to be deposited into our joint account. This caused me a bit of anxiety.
9) Jake will be doing orchestra staring when school starts.  I was a little surprised.  He wants to play the bass but I am not sure that will be an option due to the cost of renting one.  
10) We got the kids school schedules.  Jake is in all "advanced" classes.  I found out who Victoria's teacher will be for the fall as well.  Not sure how I feel about the teacher or the classes.

11) I have kept putting off potty training and once the kids are back in school I think I am going to see if we can get it done in a week. Luke keeps asking to go potty so I should probably do something to encourage him.
12) I started working out (again) a few weeks ago I feel better then I have in a while.
13) Andrew keeps asking when he gets to go to preschool and is excited that Duke is going with him.
14) Life is good and I can't complain.  Sad that we have so much going on in August and the kids are heading back to school at the end.
15) I over a conversation Lee was having with somebody.  I am quite certain the other person didn't know I could hear what was being said.  It made me realize that is likely somebody that I don't want to spend much time with. They are family so I will be around them when necessary but I won't be putting forth any effort. I need to move on. 
16) Our computer crashed and so I have no way to upload all the summer fun pictures.  :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There