Skip to main content

Working on the Sabbath

Today I offered to pick up a shift for a co-worker.  It was hard to leave the kids today for some reason maybe because we are heading up to the cabin tomorrow and I know our family time for the next month is really limited.  But here I am with 25% weekend differential plus another 10% for my evening shift.  My hours for the next few weeks are lower then normal so by picking up this shift it evens out.  I did turn down a shift at the other hospital.  I could have made it work but it seemed like too much effort and it is the week that Lee is gone and it means I would have not seen the kids for an entire day.  Which I am doing next Sunday but with Lee gone it didn't seem fair to them or me. Rumor has it that we will start adding more hours to cover the ED but I am really hoping that will not effect me at all.  I am working the entire weekend next weekend.  Yea time and half boo limited family time.  Although the fourth of July is usually pretty slow. 

I am texting Lee and I am reading blogs about large families.  And I making a list of July's goals and things to do.  I failed at June's goals.  July is a new month with new motivation. 

Hoping we can get the van back tomorrow which is a long story. 

We are at the point where we are ready to settle with insurance. Luke appears to have given up crawling and is now offically walking everywhere. I am hoping after Lee's trip and I can total all the bills and come up with a number that insurance will in turn not want to pay and we will go back and forth until which time they will cut us a check.  Good times for sure.  The medical bills have turned into a mess.  Some were paid by our insurance, some were not paid and some our health insurance picke up.  All bills should have been paid by USAA.  Ugg.  I need a secretary to help me sort through paperwork.  I have to sort through the stack of bills fax over the bills to USAA.  Call our health insurance, go to the hospital to get a copy of all the medical records because USAA won't just except the coding they want the notes as well because they are denying that the ER visit was due to an accident. 

I lost a friendship even Lee commented on it.  The whole thing went down so fast and it was over something that maybe I could have prevented but some things just aren't worth fighting for.  It is akward because it is somebody that I have to have contact with.  Oh well, life will go on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There