Skip to main content

Ending on a positive note

So I love summer I love being outdoors I love getting more vitamin D then I know what to do with, I love planting flowers. I love running and hiking and long summer nights.

 So over Spring Break when I took the kids to SLC Lee bought me a bike.  The tires have had some issues so today was the first day I rode it.  Jake and I rode through an neighborhood where they are building some new homes.  One was still just framed so I asked Jake if he wanted to walk through.  He was shocked we could and while we were walking through I was pointing out where the kitchen and bedrooms would be and he turned gave me a hug and said this was the best mother/son one on one time ever.  It was nice after the frustrating day to get out and do something healthy.  I took Victoria and her cousin to the mall Victoria was going to get a hair cut but her cousin said she didn't want to wait so we went shopping and the girls found matching dresses and insisted we buy them.  So we did.  And they were cute.  I love that Victoria has such an amazing relationship with her cousin.  Jake often gets left out because all boy cousins his age live far away. 

I am leaving Monday with the kids and my mom and will be back Thursday.  It is a trip I have been meaning to do since the kids got out for summer and now it is all coming together (I think).  Still would like to get out of town for a few days when Lee is gone but we will see as it gets closer and I have my schedule.

We went to the pool yesterday and library today.  And maybe my summer schedule isn't going exactly as planned but we getting out and trying new things.  There are a few adventures we have left to go do..  Tomorrow I think we may go try a new pool after my niece leaves.  Andrew was walking around the house today wearing his life jacket saying he wanted to go "wimming".  Wish we had a pool closer (like in the backyard) or one we didn't have to pay for.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There