Skip to main content

The end!

It was a difficult few days laying my dad to rest.  But at the end it was amazing. Lots of talks about my fathers generosity.  His kindness.  Four of his high school friends came into town.  Old employees drove up from twin.  Lee said he had never seen so many flowers at a funeral.  My cousins came from Washington and Phoenix.  My moms siblings were all here except the two in Europe.  Lee was assigned to speak about the plan of salvation which he did by talking all about my dad's kindness to him.   There was laughter when my sisters buried my dad with his gun.  He was probably laughing as well.  The only thing any of us would have changed was the feeling the bishop spoke too long at the end.  But we were still out of the church in an hour.

My best friend flew in from Seattle and was so good to us.  She watched Andrew through the viewing and the service because she loves us but also she loved my dad.  

I told she could cross attend an LDS funeral off the bucket list.  :).    She was amazed at the luncheon after the service.  She could not understand why people would take a Thursday and cook and prepare a lunch for us.  I told it just came full circle I know my mom has spend hours helping with luncheons.

We were blessed with the companionship and love of so many people .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There