Skip to main content

40 in 40

So for the 40 days of Lent I am getting rid of 40 bags worth of stuff.  Super excited to see how this goes.  We have so much stuff and stuff that is hard to keep track of things.  I have managed to get rid of almost three bags worth of stuff.  Okay we are in day five of Lent.  So sue me. 

There is a bag of kids clothes that need to go.  I am debating on my maternity clothes.  I am thinking I will just get rid of them.    Just today we came up with bag full of papers.  Some from grad school some from the kids school projects.  In the process of getting rid of stuff I found a note book Lee needed for his calling.

I started this yesterday and today as the kids are eating breakfast we are planning our cleaning strategy for the day.   Then I want to go do something fun.  Not sure what that will be exactly. 

I am sure I will write more later but for the moment this is all I have.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There