Skip to main content

Trips Facebook and the Church

In August Lee and I and the kids are going on a trip of a lifetime.  I am seriously overwhelmed about the whole thing.  This trip will change the rest of our lives.  The kids are excited and that is how I want them to be.  But I know that this trip will be the best thing we can do.  We have been planning this for years.  We got the taxes to our accountant and I am hoping in the next few weeks we can file.  It won't be as big as last year which means we probably will not be able to pay off any major debt.
Oh well there is always next year :)   But the money should be able to finance the trip. 

I find myself getting more and more frustrated with facebook.  I would close down my account but it is a good way to stay in contact with friends so maybe I should just do some spring cleaning and get rid of people who bring me the most frustration.  But I am sure that would cause some contention in my personal life. 

Lee and I had a conversation and it ended with him saying it didn't matter and me saying but it could matter. :)  That is how many of our conversations go.

I have so many questions lately about the church that I am not sure where to turn.  I feel like the list is getting longer and longer.  Maybe my questions are more about life in general.  Most of my friends (okay all) are not LDS. I wonder why...  Maybe because they are the ones who were most accepting of me.  And I won't ask family.  So here I sit pondering the great mysteries.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week was a Struggle

This has been a tough week. I worked some extra hours which were only five hour shifts but were still were time away from the kids. Kids are at their breaking point and wether or not they know it they need schedules and some stablness. School starts Tuesday and comments about how people hope my kids dont kill their teachers with COVID is neither helpful or accurate. Plus we had a budget meeting after months of no meetings. In which we found out that we had once again over spent in August. Which could have been stopped if we would have known earlier in the month. I sent $1500 to student loans. Andrew turned eight yesterday and I am so thankful for him. He is become such a deep thinker and asks these amazing questions that I don't always have the answers to. The meds have helped slow him down but he is still crazy Andrew. We upped the medications and it was like he was on speed. He couldn't sleep and was kind of zombie like. Then there has been a few moments wher

The one you feed...

A few weeks ago Lee text me this story.  One evening, an elderly cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. he said "my son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. one is evil. it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. the other is good. it is joy, peace love, hope serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." the grandson though about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "which wolf wins?..." the old cherokee simply replied, "the one that you feed"  One I have heard 100 times but one that I needed at that moment although I didn't know it.  There have been several situations that have happened these past few weeks and I keep thinking of that story and I have to remind myself which wolf I am feeding. There