Skip to main content

2016 Goals

Right now I don't have a whole lot of new goals. 

1)I want to keep up with training and doing 21 Day Fix.
2)   Our biggest goal is to pay off a good chunk of debt. 20k to be exact.  Lee thinks it is too big of a goal but we will see. (Update 1/4/16) I just did the math on this and it will be close to $1500 a month to pay off not sure that is feasible unless I work way more then I want to)
3) Read two books a month
4) Paint master bathroom
5) Paint downstairs bathroom
6) Declutter (this is going to be on my list every year I am sure)
7) Take more adventures.
8) Run SLC Marathon
9). Play more with the little people.  During the summer I do well but during the winter I struggle to just play with them
10) be more authentic with who I am and what I believe.

After listening to Dave Ramsey today I have decided to add some more goals to my list

One one on one date with each one of the kids and Lee once a month.  Doesn't have to be big.  Could be just taking one kid to the store with me.

Dave mentioned that we should have one goal for each category.   So I have decided for Spirituality I am going to read the Book of Mormon along with the Sunday School Class.  Victoria has a print out she is going to follow that she got yesterday in church and I am going to follow along with her.  Since I don't attend Sunday School I won't get the discussion part.  Despite my issues with the church I really have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joesph Smith.

Family:  Write one card a week to family members and rotate through them.

Social:  Attend one social thing a month.  Mom's night out or MOPS or Enrichment. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Thoughts

I sometimes wonder where to draw the line in this whole blogging thing.  I could make us look like the "perfect" family or I could deal with all of our disappointment and make everybody think that we quite possible have the worse life ever.  Or maybe there is a middle ground somewhere that I have yet to find in this blog.  Today was a rough day.  Don't get me wrong I am so excited that everybody around me is having babies.  But for some reason today I was caught up in the losses all over again.  I am wondering when it stops.  Maybe it never does.  Maybe it will be a life time of wondering what if I would have gone full term.  Several people have asked when (or if) we are going to have another baby.  I am not sure.  Sometimes that answer is yes and sometimes it is no.  But one thing is for certain it isn't right now.  Really I don't need to have a ton of kids to fill some void.  I love my two kids and if that is all ...

February

February was a tough month both mentally and financially.  The light at the tunnel was Phoenix.  Kids had a blast and it was great way to end an otherwise crazy chaotic month.  My goals were blah.  We paid off  more credit card debt then I though but I didn't sew as much as I wanted and I didn't run as much as I should have.  I also didn't read or declutter as much as I planned to.   Although I did reach my goal for losing weight.  So not a total loss. At some point I will file taxes and write a check to the state of Idaho.  I keep putting it off for several reasons.  At some point we will a check from FSA and our gap insurance.  Although a ten page EOB probably will take a while to get through. I think it was just one thing after another and I never felt like I gained my footing.  Maybe because I worked more.  Which lead to more in savings.  Still not where I want to be.  But better then it coul...

Time to dust this off

L:ong story short I came across something that made we want to add back to this. Not sure why but hwere we go. Life is constantly chaning and I feel so mnuch surround bu death lately. Not diredctly although I fee like that is coming but more just heartbreak for so many around me. Yesterday Victoria quailfied for state. It was an answer to a prayer. I prayed she would qualify and felt strongly she would. As we left her away at the meet she was certain as were we that she hadn't qualified and then the clouds parted and she will be able to run. She told me she prayed that she would have a good last high school race. and her last race was not grea. There were tears. And rears when she called me to tell me she qualified. So rad trip to ther side of teh state next weekend Wednesday Jake is going through the temple. So many mixed feelings for so many reasons. I shouldn't expect people to show up but sometimes it is just so hard when my mom is the only "church...