Skip to main content

Awards

On Tuesday afternoon I received a call from Victoria's resource teacher saying that Victoria would be receiving an award Wednesday morning  but it was a surprise.  It was Citizen of the Quarter.  One student from each class gets it.  Usually resource teachers don't put in for it because their students are in another class.  But she did for Victoria because she works so hard and is always so eager to learn.   I text Lee who wasn't going to go the ceremony but changed his mind.  So we get there and the first award called is Great Author Award.  I was shocked Jake got it.  He loves to write and is pretty creative so it was nice he was recognized for it.  I started crying when they called Victoria's name.  She is often overshadowed by Jake's academic successes.   But these two have worked super hard this quarter and it really showed. 
Great Author

Souper Salad

Citizen of the Quarter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Thoughts

I sometimes wonder where to draw the line in this whole blogging thing.  I could make us look like the "perfect" family or I could deal with all of our disappointment and make everybody think that we quite possible have the worse life ever.  Or maybe there is a middle ground somewhere that I have yet to find in this blog.  Today was a rough day.  Don't get me wrong I am so excited that everybody around me is having babies.  But for some reason today I was caught up in the losses all over again.  I am wondering when it stops.  Maybe it never does.  Maybe it will be a life time of wondering what if I would have gone full term.  Several people have asked when (or if) we are going to have another baby.  I am not sure.  Sometimes that answer is yes and sometimes it is no.  But one thing is for certain it isn't right now.  Really I don't need to have a ton of kids to fill some void.  I love my two kids and if that is all ...

Time to dust this off

L:ong story short I came across something that made we want to add back to this. Not sure why but hwere we go. Life is constantly chaning and I feel so mnuch surround bu death lately. Not diredctly although I fee like that is coming but more just heartbreak for so many around me. Yesterday Victoria quailfied for state. It was an answer to a prayer. I prayed she would qualify and felt strongly she would. As we left her away at the meet she was certain as were we that she hadn't qualified and then the clouds parted and she will be able to run. She told me she prayed that she would have a good last high school race. and her last race was not grea. There were tears. And rears when she called me to tell me she qualified. So rad trip to ther side of teh state next weekend Wednesday Jake is going through the temple. So many mixed feelings for so many reasons. I shouldn't expect people to show up but sometimes it is just so hard when my mom is the only "church...

February

February was a tough month both mentally and financially.  The light at the tunnel was Phoenix.  Kids had a blast and it was great way to end an otherwise crazy chaotic month.  My goals were blah.  We paid off  more credit card debt then I though but I didn't sew as much as I wanted and I didn't run as much as I should have.  I also didn't read or declutter as much as I planned to.   Although I did reach my goal for losing weight.  So not a total loss. At some point I will file taxes and write a check to the state of Idaho.  I keep putting it off for several reasons.  At some point we will a check from FSA and our gap insurance.  Although a ten page EOB probably will take a while to get through. I think it was just one thing after another and I never felt like I gained my footing.  Maybe because I worked more.  Which lead to more in savings.  Still not where I want to be.  But better then it coul...