Skip to main content

So....

So my sister in law was in a car accident which postponed her moving. So I am planning a trip to my parents' cabin in August right before the kids head back to school and I am hoping my sister in law will let us borrow her daughter for a day while we are up there.  We will be in Kamiah in October so the kids can see her then if all else fails. 

Victoria and I just got back from three days/two nights in Stanley visiting a family I use to work with.  I loved seeing the girls all grown up (sort of) and Victoria had such a great time there was a tea party and jumping on the trampoline and a day at the lake.  Jake went with my mom for four days up to the cabin.  He worked hard and played hard and I am super proud of him. 

We just registerd Jake for soccer for the fall.  Let the  fall crazy sports schedule begin.  Soccer starts August 25th.  I am not looking forward for us being so busy again but I think the kids need some structure. I have another job interview Wednesday,  this is the one I am unsure about.  But we will see.  

I want to go to Utah in August to see the new Ogden temple.  But at this time it is all really up in the air and I am not sure if we will go at all.  I may go with my mom and kids without Lee although I would prefer to go with Lee since we haven't had a family vacation this year.

I know somebody who lost their three year old to drowning this week.  It was heart breaking beyond heart breaking.  I have been upset since I found out and we aren't even close.  It has made me less angry with the kids.  So maybe there is a bright side to this horrible tragedy.

This weekend is a family members wedding.  I love Lee's extended family.  So it will be nice to see them again since we aren't going to the beach this year.  

Tonight is also date night.  We are going to a grill that I won a gift card for.  Should be interesting.  So grateful for mom for babysitting as often as she does.  She will have at least some of the kids four days this week.  I am working Thursday so she offered to take the older kids for the day.  Hoping it goes better then last time time she had the kids. 

I am feeling so blessed to be able to spend the summer with the kids.  They have just six weeks left of summer.  And it is going to be packed with fun.   Next week we are going to McCall for nearly a week and then there is hopefully the cabin in August and maybe Utah.

I need to post some pictures.  I just never seem to find the time.  

Luke is almost crawling watch out world here he comes. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Thoughts

I sometimes wonder where to draw the line in this whole blogging thing.  I could make us look like the "perfect" family or I could deal with all of our disappointment and make everybody think that we quite possible have the worse life ever.  Or maybe there is a middle ground somewhere that I have yet to find in this blog.  Today was a rough day.  Don't get me wrong I am so excited that everybody around me is having babies.  But for some reason today I was caught up in the losses all over again.  I am wondering when it stops.  Maybe it never does.  Maybe it will be a life time of wondering what if I would have gone full term.  Several people have asked when (or if) we are going to have another baby.  I am not sure.  Sometimes that answer is yes and sometimes it is no.  But one thing is for certain it isn't right now.  Really I don't need to have a ton of kids to fill some void.  I love my two kids and if that is all ...

February

February was a tough month both mentally and financially.  The light at the tunnel was Phoenix.  Kids had a blast and it was great way to end an otherwise crazy chaotic month.  My goals were blah.  We paid off  more credit card debt then I though but I didn't sew as much as I wanted and I didn't run as much as I should have.  I also didn't read or declutter as much as I planned to.   Although I did reach my goal for losing weight.  So not a total loss. At some point I will file taxes and write a check to the state of Idaho.  I keep putting it off for several reasons.  At some point we will a check from FSA and our gap insurance.  Although a ten page EOB probably will take a while to get through. I think it was just one thing after another and I never felt like I gained my footing.  Maybe because I worked more.  Which lead to more in savings.  Still not where I want to be.  But better then it coul...

Time to dust this off

L:ong story short I came across something that made we want to add back to this. Not sure why but hwere we go. Life is constantly chaning and I feel so mnuch surround bu death lately. Not diredctly although I fee like that is coming but more just heartbreak for so many around me. Yesterday Victoria quailfied for state. It was an answer to a prayer. I prayed she would qualify and felt strongly she would. As we left her away at the meet she was certain as were we that she hadn't qualified and then the clouds parted and she will be able to run. She told me she prayed that she would have a good last high school race. and her last race was not grea. There were tears. And rears when she called me to tell me she qualified. So rad trip to ther side of teh state next weekend Wednesday Jake is going through the temple. So many mixed feelings for so many reasons. I shouldn't expect people to show up but sometimes it is just so hard when my mom is the only "church...